DR.C. PANNEER SELVAN
DR.K.SHANTHI PANNEER SELVAN; MBBS, DGO
P .SNEKA, P.SHREYA
RESEARCH PAPER PRESENTATION
- Higher Secondary: Completed in 1988 at Cathedral higher secondary school, Palayamkottai
- MBBS: Completed in 1994 at Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli
- DPM: 1994- 1995 at Thanjavur medical college Thanjavur
- MD in psychiatry: Completed in 1999 at National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS)*, Bangalore, India.
NIMHANS - Prestigious institute in southeast asia
Attempted suicide in Thanjavur - Panneer Selvan C., Chandrasekaran A., and Ganesh.K. Venkatesan J. Paper presented in IPS ,Tamil Nadu Annual Conference 1995.
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
National level publication
- Mana Nalam Therinthu kolvoam ! Purinthu kolvoam !
International Level publication
- Comparison of therapeutic efficacy of ECT and Imipramine: A randomised controlled trial. C.Panneer selvan, prasanth.m.mayur, B.N.Gangadhar, N.Janakiramiah, D.K.Subbakrishna and N.Murali.Indian journal of Psychiatry.1999,41(3),228-235.
- Psychiatric aspects of obstetrics and Gynecology, C.PanneerSelvan, and K.Shanthi
Tamilnadu Annual conference Journal 2001, 34- 39
- Child psychiatry in private practice, Tamilnadu Annual conference Journal 2007, 45-53
- Electroconvulsive therapy during pregnancy, Tamilnadu Annual conference Journal 2009, 9- 17
- Age at onset and schizophrenia: Reversed gender effect. C.Panneer selvan, B.N.Ganghadar, D.K.Subbhakrishna and N.Janakiramaiah. Acta psychiatrica Scandinavian journal 2002 April 105 (4 ) 317 - 319.
"Best Humanitarian award for medicine"
- Conducted 3 work-shops for management of depression and anxiety to GP
- Addressed to GP regarding management of minor mental illness at Tirunelveli, Tenkasi, Sankarankovil and Tiruchendur
- Published multiple articles regarding mental health issues in various local journals and news papers.
- Given multiple awarness programme in All India radio, FM radio, and television channel
in the year 2009 given by Human Rights Organization and Teem trust at Tirunelveli on 12.12.2009
"Best Doctor award for the year 2010"
given by lion's club international on january 2011
MEMBERSHIP WITH PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Indian Psychiatric Society.
- NIMHANS Alumni Association.
- Indian medical association
- International lion's club, Tirunelveli city
- Human right organisation- state member
Worked as a research scientist in De- addiction project at NIMHANS in 1999 to 2000
Worked as a senior resident in the Department of Psychiatry, NIMHANS from 2000 to 2001. Which includes both clinical and teaching post graduate trainees in psychiatry, clinical psychology, psychiatric social work and psychiatric nursing.
DIRECTOR AND CONSULTANT PSYCHIATRIST
Currently working as a director and consultant psychiatrist at Sneka Mind care Centre, South Bye pass road, Tirunelveli
- Suicide prevention
- Community psychiatry