MBBS, MD (Psych), NIMHANS
Director & Chief Consultant Psychiatrist,
Sneka Mind Care Institute,
Dr. C Panneer Selvan is a leading psychiatric practitioner in Tirunelveli, currently working as Director and Consultant Psychiatrist at Sneka Mind Care Institute.
1. MBBS at Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli2. DPM at Thanjavur medical college Thanjavur
3. MD at National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS)*, Bangalore, India.
NIMHANS* - Prestigious Institute in Southeast Asia
Research Paper Presentation and Publications
1. Paper presentation - ‘Attempted suicide in Thanjavur’ - Panneer Selvan C., Chandrasekaran A., and Ganesh.K. Venkatesan J. Paper presented in IPS, Tamil Nadu Annual Conference 1995.2. Publications – Comparison of therapeutic efficacy of ECT and imipramine: A randomised controlled trial. C.Panneerselvan, Prasanth.M.Mayur, B.N.Gangadhar, N.Janaki Ramaiah, D.K.Subbakrishna and N.Murali. Indian journal of psychiatry.1999, 41(3) 228-235
3. Age on set and schizophrenia – Reversed gender effect. C.Panneer selvan, B.N.Gangadhar, D.K.Subbulakshmi and N.Janaki Ramaiah. Acta psychiatric Scandinavian journal 2002 April 105 (4) 317-319
4. Books published – A book in Tamil Mana Nalam Therinthu kolvoam! Purinthu kolvoam! Kannadasan Publications (ISBN 978-81-8402-720-4) (III rd Edition)
5. Audio Book in Tamil “Mana Nalam”
6. Tamil Article: Published multiple articles regarding mental health issues in various local journals and news papers like Doctor vikatan, Deviyn Kanmani, Nakeeran, Ulama, Health care magazine, Junior vikatan, Dinamani, Dinakaran, Dinamalar, Tamil Hindu & Malai murasu.
7. CME & Workshop: Conducted multiple workshops & CME - regarding management of minor mental illness at Tirunelveli, Tenkasi, Sankarankovil, Kovilpatti, Ambasamuthram, Rajapalayam and Tiruchendur Indian medical association, Theni,& Dindigul branch of Indian Medical Association.
8. MEDIA: Given multiple awareness programme in All India radio, FM radio, and television channel.
Awards"Best Humanitarian award for medicine" in the year 2009 given by Human Rights Organization and Teem trust at Tirunelveli on 12.12.2009"Best Doctor award for the year 2010" given by lion's club international on January 2011
Membership with Professional Bodies
1. Indian Psychiatric Society
2. NIMHANS Alumni Association
3. Indian Medical Association
4. International lion's club, Tirunelveli city
Work ExperienceResearch Scientist: Worked as a research scientist in DST funded ECT project at NIMHANS in 1998 to 1999
Senior Resident: Worked as a senior resident in the Department of Psychiatry, NIMHANS from 1999 to 2001, which includes both clinical and teaching post graduate trainees in psychiatry, clinical psychology, psychiatric social work and psychiatric nursing.Director and Consultant Psychiatrist: currently are working as a director and consultant psychiatrist at Sneka Mind Care Institute, South Bye pass road, Tirunelveli
Organized State Level Conference
1. Organized State level Mid-term CME of Indian psychiatric society Tamilnadu state Branch - 2014 @ Coutrallam.
2. Organized State Level 33 rd Annual Conference of Indian psychiatric society Tamilnadu Chapter - 2018 @ Kanyakumari.
Area of Interest
2. Suicide Prevention
3. Community Psychiatrist